femi-net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
mumsnetisfullofterfs

Stinky loo, what should I do? Empty Stinky loo, what should I do?

Mon Oct 30, 2023 9:26 am
My loo doesnt want to flush, and keeps on stinking for ages. I called the plumber, they said they will arrive ext week to fix it, but in the mean time, i need a temp. solution. Anyone had this problem? How did you solve it?
sunflowersbloom

Stinky loo, what should I do? Empty Re: Stinky loo, what should I do?

Mon Oct 30, 2023 9:31 am

I found this on the internet

Disinfecting a Stinky Toilet with a Rotten Egg Smell
If your bathroom smells like sewer, it’s important to take care of it right away. Repeated exposure is not only unpleasant but can lead to some health concerns.

A stinky toilet that has a rotten egg smell is from a gas called hydrogen sulfide. Bacteria that grows in the drain and sewer lines emits this smelly gas, and it’s vital to disinfect the pipes to remove it.

Pour white vinegar down the s-bend in the toilet to neutralize and flush away bacteria. If you do not have any vinegar, use chlorine bleach. If the smell persists, the problem might be faulty venting in the drainage system, and a plumber is needed.

Don’t forget to take care of cleaning your toilet tank, too. Although most smells do not originate from the tank, it’s not often an area we think about washing. Use vinegar or bleach to sanitize this forgotten toilet area to keep it fresh and odor-free.
mumsnetisfullofterfs

Stinky loo, what should I do? Empty Thank you! I will try it now, and keep you updated

Mon Oct 30, 2023 9:32 am
flower
mumsnetisfullofterfs

Stinky loo, what should I do? Empty thank you! It worked :) It stinks no longer

Mon Oct 30, 2023 11:31 am
Very Happy Smile flower Wink
happybecauseidk

Stinky loo, what should I do? Empty Love your username @mumsnetisfullofterfs

Mon Oct 30, 2023 11:33 am
flower
Sponsored content

Stinky loo, what should I do? Empty Re: Stinky loo, what should I do?

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum